What it is: A tinted physical sunscreen that delivers powerful broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection and aids in the prevention of free radical and oxidative damage.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Dark Spots, and Dullness and Uneven Texture
Formulation: Lightweight Cream
– Zinc Oxide 20%: An invisible physical sunscreen that provides powerful UV protection from harmful rays. Ideal for all skin including sensitive.
– Astaxanthin-rich Algae Extract: A carotenoid with potent antioxidant properties that provides defense from oxidative damage.
– Sunflower Sprout Extract: A powerful ingredient that helps neutralize free radicals and exhibits strong antiglycation properties.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of essential oils, silicones, and fragrance. This product is cruelty-free.
What Else You Need to Know: Umbra Tinte™ helps defend from free radicals and environmental aggressors, for skin that looks healthy and preserved. Ideal for daily use without white residue or greasiness and developed without chemical screens or silicones, and it is suitable for all skin, including the most sensitive.
br>Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the health of the skin or support the integrity of their formulations. They never take into account whether something is synthetic or natural, instead choosing ingredients based on biocompatibility. That’s why they focus on healthy pH levels, formulations the skin recognizes, small molecular structure that’s easily absorbed, and effective active ingredients that also support and maintain the skin’s acid mantle. But what they leave out of their products is just as important as what they put into them, so you will never find what they call the Suspicious 6 (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS) in their line. Drunk Elephant believes that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue, and when they’re removed entirely from your routine—that is, when you take a Drunk Break™—skin can reset and return to its healthiest, most balanced state. This ingredient-elimination diet benefits all skin types and inspired the #barewithus Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies that chronicles the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found not only healthier skin but more importantly, healthier self-confidence.
Drunk Elephant is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation) and is cruelty-free.
Clinical Results: In an independent consumer testing panel of 101 women ages 25 to 55:
– 97% agreed it does not leave a white residue
– 96% agreed it is non-irritating
– 94% agreed it leaves a smooth, even finish
– 91% agreed skin felt hydrated
– 90% agreed this physical sunscreen is gentler than a chemical sunscreen
– 85% agreed skin appeared healthy and radiant